What is stress?
Stress is your body’s reaction to experiences, demands and pressures that require an adjustment or response. Everyone experiences some level of stress from time to time, no-one exempt. Stress can be both negative and positive. Positive stress can help you stay alert, motivated focused and improve performance. Negative stress is when a person faces ongoing challenges, with no relief, causing a person to be distressed.
18 signs of negative stress:
- Your passions fade
- You are experiencing a decrease in energy
- You’re feeling tired/exhausted
- Sleep and time off no longer refuel you
- You’ve noticed changes in your appetite
- You’re feeling sad
- Little things make you overly emotional
- Your heart is beating faster than usual
- You find yourself grinding your teeth
- You don’t feel the highs and lows anymore
- Everybody drains you
- You’re becoming cynical
- Nothing satisfies you
- You can’t think straight
- An unusual breakout in acne
- Your productivity is dropping
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- You don’t laugh anymore
If you or any other person is in a life threatening situation or feeling suicidal, contact the relevant emergency support immediately.
Need help? Our Therapists are licensed, experienced and available.